Paragraph heading matching
Paragraph heading matching is the popular Ielts Reading question type in Ielts Reading section. In this Iels reading question. the purpose is testing on your understanding of, How the ideas in the sentences are connected to the main ideas in the reading text. Furthermore, once you complete the preparation, you will have more skills to go for the actual test.
This type of question tests your ability to understand the main idea of each paragraph.
Firstly, you need to understand
What will you do?
- Doing with a list of Heading. They are short sentences that summarize the information of a paragraph.
- You have to match the Headings to the paragraphs of the passage.
How to answer Paragraph Information Matching?
To successfully answer Paragraph Information Matching, you need to follow these steps:
- Read the Title of the passage.
- Read the Instructions.
- Check the example.
- Highlight keywords of Headings.
- Highlight Main points of paragraph.
- Determine the Main idea of paragraph.
- Checking the answers.
Secondly, know all Reading ielts strategies
IELTS Reading strategies and techniques
IELTS Reading strategies and techniques will help you to be successful in the Ielts reading Exam, and get high score. Let’s study these Ielts strategies, techniques, and expect exemplary performance.
- Reading is the second part of the IELTS test, and takes 60 minutes.
- It consists of three or sometimes four reading passages of increasing difficulty.
- And there is a total of 40 questions to answer.
- Though you can mark and write on the Question Paper.
- You must enter your answers on the Reading Answer Sheet.
And you have to aware that no extra time for transferring your answers from the test booklet to the Reading Answer Sheet.
The grades of Academic and General Training Reading Tests are the same level. However, because the texts in the Academic Reading Test are more challenging overall than those in the General Training Test, more questions need to be answered correctly on a General Training Test to receive the same grade.
In addition, the IELTS Reading section, there are different types of questions. These questions are designed to test your overall reading skills including skimming and scanning, finding main ideas and details, understanding logical arguments and recognizing author’s attitude. Here are some common IELTS reading question types!