Now let’s talk about a structure we can use to answer ‘Would’ Type questions.
Do know the answers: using the basic second conditional clause or sentence
-It uses the phrase ‘if’ plus the past simple, then used could or would or might plus the verb infinitive: If + S + simple past, S + would + verb
-Developing it with some details and some reasons.
Do not know the answers
-Use the linking phrase
- Well, quite honestly I don‘t think ever thought about that, but I guess…
- Actually, that isn’t something that I’ve ever considered, but in short…
- I’m not really sure how to put it, but I suppose generally speaking…
– Developing it by using complex sentences that end with the verb+ing.
- I imagine I would possibly think about (verb + ing)…
- I guess I would maybe contemplate (verb + ing)…
- I would perhaps reflect on (verb + ing)…
What other ‘Would’ questions? They could be:
- Would you like to live near the sea?
- Would you like to learn another foreign language?
- Would you like to be in a film?
- Would you like to change your name?
- What job would you like to do in the future?
- Would you like to live in a foreign country?