Now let’s talk about a structure we can use to answer ‘WH and How often’ Type questions.
The beginning phrase
- Well in all fairness…
- To be completely honest . . .
- I’d have to say that . . .
Following it with a of expression
- I think it really depends.
- I guess that it would depend on the situation.
- I imagine that there are different factors involved.
Following it with a linking phrase
- For instance, . . .
- More specifically . . .
- More precisely . . .
- If situation A then I would most likely . . .
- If situation A then it’s quite possibe . . .
- If situation A then I guess it’s likely that . . .
- Whereas in contrast . . .
- Though at the same time . . .
- Whereas on the other hand . . .
What other ‘‘Wh” question and “How often’’ questions? They could be:
- Where do you usually go shopping?
- When do you usually read?
- At what time of day do you usually listen to music?
- Who do you spend your evenings with?
- When you go out in the evenings, what do you usually do?
- How often do you play sports?
- How often do you eat out in restaurants?