Short answer questions
Short answer questions are popular the Ielts Reading question type in Ielts Reading section. In this Iels reading question, the purpose is testing on your understanding of, How the ideas in the sentences are connected to the main ideas in the reading text.
This is a question that expects you to answer the question from the given facts in the text. Moreover, you need to check the number of words that you can chose. A maximum number of words is in the requirement of questions.
Firstly, you should follow these questions
What will you do?
- you have to Complete statements or answer questions with words taken from the text.
- with a word limit, you have to pay attention to this word.
How to answer Short answer question?
To successfully answer Short answer questions, you need to follow these steps:
- Read the Title of the passage, and read the Instructions.
- Highlight word limit in the instruction, the question words, and keywords of Questions.
- Locate “keywords of Question” in Passage.
- Write the answer.
- Check the answers.
Secondly, you have to practice for ielts strategies and techniques
IELTS Reading strategies and techniques
IELTS Reading strategies and techniques will help you to be successful in the Ielts reading Exam, and get high score. Let’s study these Ielts strategies, techniques, and expect exemplary performance.
- Reading is the second part of the IELTS test, and takes 60 minutes.
- It consists of three or sometimes four reading passages of increasing difficulty.
- And there is a total of 40 questions to answer.
- Though you can mark and write on the Question Paper.
- You must enter your answers on the Reading Answer Sheet.
And you have to aware that no extra time for transferring your answers from the test booklet to the Reading Answer Sheet.
The grades of Academic and General Training Reading Tests are the same level. However, because the texts in the Academic Reading Test are more challenging overall than those in the General Training Test, more questions need to be answered correctly on a General Training Test to receive the same grade.
In addition, the IELTS Reading section, there are different types of questions. These questions are designed to test your overall reading skills including skimming and scanning, finding main ideas and details, understanding logical arguments and recognizing author’s attitude. Here are some common IELTS reading question types!