Text completion questions are not always questions, and they require students to select from among various options. The options are fixed.
These types of Ielts Reading questions often goes with, descriptive texts, as it relates to precise factual information.
- Text completion types.
- Note completion
- Table completion
- Flow chart completion
- Summary without a box
- Summary with a box
Firstly, you should answer these questions below
What will you do?
- Because The text is about one part of the passage.
- So You have to complete the gap in a text with a word or words from the passage.
- A word limit, and you have to pay attention to this word.
How to answer Text completion?
To successfully answer sentence completion, you need to follow these steps:
- Read the Title of the passage.
- Read the Instructions.
- Highlight word limit in the instruction.
- Reading the Text.
- Highlight keywords of the Text.
- Locate the Text in Passage.
- Complete the gaps.
- Check the answers.
Secondly, practice as much as you can
IELTS Reading strategies and techniques
IELTS Reading strategies and techniques will help you to be successful in the Ielts reading Exam, and get high score. Let’s study these Ielts strategies, techniques, and expect exemplary performance.
- Reading is the second part of the IELTS test, and takes 60 minutes.
- It consists of three or sometimes four reading passages of increasing difficulty.
- And there is a total of 40 questions to answer.
- Though you can mark and write on the Question Paper.
- You must enter your answers on the Reading Answer Sheet.
And you have to aware that no extra time for transferring your answers from the test booklet to the Reading Answer Sheet.
The grades of Academic and General Training Reading Tests are the same level. However, because the texts in the Academic Reading Test are more challenging overall than those in the General Training Test, more questions need to be answered correctly on a General Training Test to receive the same grade.
In addition, the IELTS Reading section, there are different types of questions. These questions are designed to test your overall reading skills including skimming and scanning, finding main ideas and details, understanding logical arguments and recognizing author’s attitude. Here are some common IELTS reading question types!