- Don’t repeat yourself. As much as possible on the test, try to say new things.
- If you repeat yourself, you’re essentially telling the tester that you don’t know how to say anything else in English or you don’t know how to answer the question in English.
- Be careful about using the same vocabulary again and again and again for different questions.
- Remember you want to show your range. So you want to try to use different vocabulary especially different high level vocabulary for a lot of different questions.
- Don’t use the same structure that use in the question when answering yes or no questions.
- For example, “Do you like eating fast food?” “Yes, I like eating fast food.” That’s a poor example. You just said, ‘Yes.” And you could have even said no and then repeated what they said.
- What you want to do is demonstrate that you can either say what they said in a different way or use a completely different sentence structure but still answer the question.